[ML-General] flailing on video cards

David ainut at knology.net
Thu Jun 23 21:06:52 CDT 2016

If you really want to whack on your video cards, look up unigine.
Download unigine_heaven and unigine_valley.  Beautiful work, with sound,
but they will eat a video card's lunch if it isn't strong enough.  I got
very lucky with my $200 video card.  :)  Works fine even at the highest
detail and settings.  It's a GTX 960.  Gotta try the used $100 R9 280X

Speaking of video cards, man do I LUST after the new GTX 1080! Vendors
are currently charging as much as $200 over "list price" still, but
hopefully that will change soon..  The GTX 1070 doesn't look too bad
either but it is still overpriced (compared to list, too.)  $800+ and
almost $500 per.

When I first read their announcements a little while back, spittle
drooled down the side of my mouth.  <sigh>  But I have to wait until the
prices come down.

David