[ML-General] advice sought on SSD's

Stephan Henning shenning at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:07:51 CST 2016

SSD life expectancy has been reasonable well documented for the various technologies. I'm not familiar with the Evo line, but I'm sure the info exists. It may be more common with enterprise grade flash, but with companies like Fusion, Violin, and EMC creating SAN flash arrays that are destined to effectively operate as cache the data has to exist somewhere.

At the end of the day, the only way to be safe is to keep backups of anything you consider vital.

Beyond that, I'd follow Hunter's advice and not worry.

Good luck and enjoy the speed boost. :)

-stephan

Sent from a mobile device, please excuse the spelling and brevity.