[ML-General] ?? casting silicone rubber & vacuum forming ??

Faye Lynn Thompson watersprite at charter.net
Mon Oct 24 22:11:55 CDT 2016

Hi,
  I’m helping a local community robotics team, the FTC Browncoats.  They are all 12-17 years old.  The team has an idea to 3D print molds for silicon parts with 3D printed supports inside them.  We don’t know how to do that, yet.  So far I’ve found smooth-on.com <http://smooth-on.com/> which looks promising and very large.  Can any of you help us get a running start on this?

	They are also thinking about a new ways to build the robot’s shell including vacuum forming. Previously they’ve used sheets of acrylic.

Thanks
Faye Lynn