[ML-General] PhreakNIC badge materials group buy!

Hunter Fuller hfuller at pixilic.com
Mon Oct 2 11:12:55 CDT 2017

Gang,

shapr and I think it would be neat to make our own electronic badges for
PhreakNIC this year. We've settled on a recently-released platform from
Adafruit, the Circuit Playground Express. This platform has IR
communication, so we'd like to focus on in-person interaction between
badges. (His suggestion was to show matching interests based on LED color,
but the possibilities are endless.)

If you want one, it's going to cost $30. The default package will be this
one:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3517

So, you'll get the board, battery box, batteries, and belt clip.

If you prefer to use a Li-ion or Li-ion polymer battery, and you already
know how to charge one of those, please email me separately. I can buy you
the board for $25, and I'll also buy you a battery if you need one (I
recommend this battery https://www.adafruit.com/product/1578 as it'll fit
behind the board while you're wearing the badge).

The order will be placed on Wednesday - that is TWO DAYS from now. PayPal
or Square Cash me $30 at this email address and you'll get in on the fun!
You don't have to hack the badge if you don't want to - you can always just
let me or shapr download some fun code onto it for you. We promise there
will be lots of blinking, and some optional beeping.

Cheers!