[ML-General] Amiga 500 question

jeffgar2000 at gmail.com jeffgar2000 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:43:04 CDT 2018

For all the vintage computer folks in the group.

Does anyone in the group have either an rgb monitor or a vga monitor that
syncs to the 15.7 kHZ that an Amiga 500 puts out that I could arrange to
hook up to at a meeting sometime?

I have a 500 that I play around with that works fine but it is PAL and I
have an adapter for that.  We were moving recently and I found another one
in a box that I bought from an owner that didn't even know if it worked a
good while back.   I hook it up to mono and it does come up and wait for a
workbench disk.  I have an RGB to VGA adapter but it needs the 15.7 khz mode
and none of my many monitors has that.

I'd buy an older monitor for it but I really don't need 2 and will probably
sell this one.  Don't really need the monitor for anything else.

My other 500 has a greenish yellow power light.  This one is red so probably
older 80s model.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help here.

Jeff

---