[ML-General] 3d printing help

Andy C. aposak at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 11:31:54 CDT 2019

I use Sketchup Make 2017. Has to be downloaded and installed locally on Windows, vs the current web app iteration of Sketchup. Install the SolidInspector2 and STL Import & Export extensions via Window -> Extension Warehouse. Solid Inspector checks for and fixes errors that can cause faces to not be printed, and the STL converter writes out the stl for the slicer.
If you can't find these online, let me know and I will dig around for the installer files, see if they're still on my system.
Also, if it's the Monoprice Mini, it's quite picky about the micro SD cards it likes.
-Andy

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 9:42 AM, Kirk D Mccann<kirk.mccann at gmail.com> wrote:   I was gifted a Monoprice 3d printer about a year ago and now finally have a reason to use it.  I've  modeled what I would like to print in the free version of sketchup but it would appear that without paying an annual fee I cant actually save my work as an stl or print(even though their documentation says you can).  What cad software do you recommend for designing stuff to be 3d printed?
This is the general mailing list.
This list is for public discussion about Makers Local and related activities.
To stop receiving mail from this list, write to general-leave at lists.makerslocal.org.