[ML-General] Makerspaces helping with pandemic

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 15:24:38 CDT 2020

Hello, we would like you to review our following 9 page dissertation on how
our organization is responding to the corona virus.

Ok, no, not really.

But if you have a 3D printer and would like to get involved, the internet
has asked members of Makers Local to make some 3D printed masks:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HuntsvilleAlabama/comments/fqp754/call_to_action_huntsville_area_covid19_face/

If you are interested, please see the link above.

There is also a Hackerspaces.org Folding at Home team initiative, which is
very low effort:
https://flux.hackerspaces.org/?p=1686

Folding at Home takes all of 5 minutes to setup and run on your computer, the
software is from the Folding at Home initiative, the Hackerspaces.org team
number is just something you can put in if you want to be part of a team:

" Folding at Home
<https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15/coronavirus-what-were-doing-and-how-you-can-help-in-simple-terms/>
is a way you can put your restless computer cycles to work helping with the
corona virus.

If you would like to join the hackerspaces.org team: 253870"

Happy Making!

Jeff