[ML-Hams] hamming it up

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:20:45 CST 2015

Hello hammers!

  In case you haven't seen it, we've got a HAM Shack at the shop, and a HAM
Shack wiki page to go with it:

https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/HAM_Shack

I was hoping everyone on this email list could reply and introduce
themselves with their callsign, and\or your radio.

There's a list of brainstormed projects up on the HAM Shack wiki page,
here's the current list:

   - Get Antenna Tower Up
   - Attend HAM Class via HARC (need a group for this)
   - Flash Broadband Ham Meshnet firmware onto spare routers at the shop
   - Setup DSTAR point at makeshop

Anyone have any other HAM projects they want to work on, or thoughts on the
existing brainstorms?
I believe the sponsor for the club license is still Justin Richards, I'll
ping him about getting that transferred to a current member.
If I understand it correctly, the club license will allow other members of
the Make Shop to use the HAM Radio equipment, using the club call sign, as
long as a licensed HAM Radio operator is present with them during use.

Jeff Cotten
KK4DTX
Baofeng (2M/440M), iCom ID-31A (440M/DSTAR)