[ML-Hams] State of HF Rig at Makeshop

Bruce Campbell phillybruce at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 19:07:23 CST 2015

OK Im getting emails from the list now. The rig that I looked at came from
closet behind the kitchen.

I have been thinking about the tower as well. To erect it will involve
building a base and pouring a concrete footing. It is also only about 50'.
That will put you barely above the trees. I am thinking that it may be best
to hold on to the tower until you actually have a need. That way you can
make decisions base on what you need at the time and look some for extra
sections to extend it up higher.

In the meantime you will need a wire antenna for HF and a uhf/vhf antenna.
All you need for that is a mast. Secure the it on the ground and at the
roof line against the building.

You may also think about where you want the shack to be.