[ML-Hams] HARC Tour This Friday

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:58:07 CDT 2016

Hi Hams :)

This Friday is the HARC tour of Makers Local 256.  They should arrive
around 8pm.

Here's an off the top of my head update:

* Darryl helped come up with a design for a tilting mast.  We have the
pole, we just need the base.  If anyone knows where we can get cheap metal
pipe fittings (the same kind used to run water or gas lines), it would help
cut down on cost.

* Marshall Space Flight Centers (M) Amateure Radio Club (MARC) is
revitalizing on the arsenal.  I toured their ham shack \ building, it's
pretty awesome.

* Lisa and I tried to call into the MARC (Marshall Space Flight Centers)
first ham net last night, but alas, there are no ham radios on our ham
shack.  It was held on a repeater hosted on Brindlee Mountain ( 147.180 ).  I
was eventually able to call in to the 145.330 repeater on Monte Sano ,
someone did some kind of magic that bridged the two repeaters.  Fancy.