[ML-Hams] new mast

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:53:52 CDT 2016

I purchased a 50 foot telescoping fiberglass mast for the shop at Hamfest
on Sunday.  It's one of the large diameter HF masts, so it will support
multiple antenna mounts, and also reduce any grounding needs that a metal
pole would have required.

Lisa will be dropping it off on Tuesday, and within a week or two some
extra parts for keeping it extended will arrive in the mail.

The seller said however we mount it, to make sure the section resting on
the ground is held slightly off the ground so that rainwater can escape out
the bottom.