[General] ML256 Newsletter Vol 1.3

Kirstin DeRosa kirstinalexis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:53:11 CDT 2017

ML256 Newsletter Vol 1.3

*Upcoming Events*

*Monthly Meeting - June 2:* This month's member meeting will occur at
7:30pm sharp!

*Pig Roast 2017 – June 24:* Pig Roast is coming up quick, and we now have a
radio ad thank to Jeff! If you'd like to volunteer, please check out the
wiki <https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/Pig_Roast_2017>.

*Shop Talk*

*Giant Laser Cutter:* We are in full swing fundraising for our giant laser
cutter! Check out the Generosity
<https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/laser-cutter-for-community-makerspace>
link for more information!

*Textiles Expansion: *Work is continuing on the new downstairs textiles
area, which now has walls, electric wiring, and insulation!

*Tool Area Improvements: *The tool area has been reorganized for better
access to tools, including the CNC machine, router, and lathes!

*Projects in Progress*

*Tyler's Bar-Top Arcade:* Tyler has been working on a revision to his
bar-top arcade cabinet! Visit the blog
<https://256.makerslocal.org/2017/06/13/volume-1-3/> to see photos.

*Did You Know?*

   - The shop's roots started over a decade ago, in October 2006!
   - We have over 80 members, and gain approximately 1 new member per month!
   - We've got some secret upgrades in the shop - the USB door lock and
   RFID change machine!

View on Blog <https://256.makerslocal.org/2017/05/04/volume-1-3/>

If you've got ideas or suggestions for future newsletters, please email
blog at makerslocal.org!