[General] LUNA: November 2600 meeting this Friday

Will nyphbl8d at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:06:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Tony Maro <tonymaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, and... I'm in West Virginia, where there's no specific law against them
> :-)  Bicycle spokes make great tools by the way.
>

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Tony Maro <tonymaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Now, I'm all for curiosity, but I think if you're actively recruiting
>> visitors to the 2600 meetings (which I've attended in other states before)
>> you should be aware:
>>
>> In Alabama, possession of burglar's tools (i.e. lockpicks) is a Class C
>> felony.  I don't know I'd be showing them off at Stanlieos.
>>
>> Sorry for top posting, but :P

I haven't checked the laws, but as far as I was aware, it was only an
issue if you were charging for services without a license.  I've been
through the airport with my set in my pocket, and they asked what they
were.  I told them it was a lock pick set for personal use and I went
on my way with the set in hand.

Will