[General] New Announce List

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:07:48 CST 2009

Hello Makers!

  We've received some great feedback in the past about the General Email
List, and how Makers Local can make email communications better.

The General List is a free-for-all conversation ground, which can result in
both conversational lulls like we have now, and surges in conversations as
people get excited, which can result in some too-full inboxes.

To help with this, a second email list has been setup for just announcing
important news, events, and meetings that would be of interest to our group.

As this list is moderated, and will have minimal traffic, I encourage
everyone one on the General List to subscribe to the Announce List, and to
email their announcements through this medium.

~Jeff