[General] Borrowing a Truck

Brian Walker misterworld at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:02:46 CDT 2009

I've got a table at home I'd like to loan to the shop.  It's 6X4 feet and is
currently standing on two sawhorses.  If anyone could meet me at my house
any time after work next week or this weekend,  we could bring it in and
have more table space to work on.  It's acceptable as it is now, but I think
it could be improved by a set of firm table legs like we have on our
worktable now.

The table is a vacuum suction table.  It's hollow, with a layer of mellanine
on top and bottom with about a half inch of space between the two layers.
On the top layer is a grid of holes drilled at every inch.  There's a hole
cut into the bottom layer just the right size for a vacuum tube. By turning
the vacuum on, it sucks air down through the holes on the top layer and will
hold lightweight objects in place.  I helped build the table for the UAH art
department as a screen printing base, but it's useful for as just a plain
tabletop as well.