[General] Facilities Notes

Ethan Chew spacefelix at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 00:34:23 CST 2010

Hello,

        I have three issues from Facilities that I am announcing publicly.
If you can help, please respond.

   - Cleanup Day Call - Currently proposing January 8, 2011. Is this okay
   for people who have projects on the floor right now? Who plans to have
   something sitting on the floor that day?
   - Heater Issue - Currently having an issue with the heater failing to
   turn on; suspected causes right now are heater failing to ignite and
   thermostat not triggering. If you notice it not turning on and it's getting
   abnormally cold in the shop, let Spacefelix <spacefelix at gmail.com> know
   what's going on; state if the heater is trying to ignite, but fails (you'll
   notice the glow plug turning on and the gas valve whooshing open, you'll
   smell the gas, but no flame occurring), or if it is just sitting there with
   nothing running. Otherwise, current quick fix is to crank the thermostat up
   to its highest temperature until it turns on the heater then turn it back to
   68 degF. We will look into either getting the heater repaired or replacing
   the thermostat depending on what the symptoms point to.
   - Insulation Work Party - Thanks to CrashCartPro for helping this
   Saturday with putting up insulation, we got the majority of the ceiling
   tiles in place. Looking to hold another work party next weekend, December
   18, 2010, 12:00pm - 6:00pm. Need all the help we can get to meet the 12/18
   deadline for basic weatherization. Looking to complete the insulation for
   the ceiling, the windows in the main room and kitchen, upgrade and seal the
   garage-main room door tarp and build insulated door plugs for the
   backroom-main room door.

                  The Facilities Direction, Ethan Chew