[General] Crash Course: Geda / PDB Friday Apr 22nd

Tim H crashcartpro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 07:48:26 CDT 2011

Greetings all Makers, Hackers, and Crafters.

It is I, Crash Cart, kicking off a recurring set of classes I am
calling *"Crash
Courses"* THIS Friday, 7pm, at the shop.
(stay tuned for a more forward-thinking schedule of classes)

*This week's Crash Course will be on using gEDA/PCB*.

gEDA is the *G*PL'd *E*lectronic *D*esign *A*utomation - a set of tools for
designing and prototyping electronic circuits and printed circuit boards.
PCB is the tool specific to creating Printer Circuit Boards.

*This course will teach:*
Using gEDA/PCB to take a circuit diagram and make something you can send off
to a board shop to be printed (or milled yourself)
*
This course expects* that you are at least familiar with:
-using a computer
-basic electronics
-gEDA/gschem

HOWEVER, even if you DON'T already know those things, You are still
completely welcome to come and see how the PCB design process works in the
Open Source world.

*WHO:* Members and non-members alike!
*WHAT:* Crash Course: gEDA / PCB
*WHERE:* Makers Local 256 - 203 Brown st, Huntsville
*WHEN:* April 22nd, 7pm to ~9pm
*WHY:* for the knowledge to produce physical goods (PCBs) from Free
Software.

-Crash Cart (aka Tim)