[General] Wednesday Night Show and Tell

Nathan Warner nathan at frcv.net
Mon Mar 7 20:22:35 CST 2011

Remember way back in elementary school when you had a show and tell.
Remember how much fun was it to show off your new toys or photos from your
summer vacation.  Now think about how much fun it would be to do this again,
only this time you aren't limited to the toys your parents bought you.  This
time you can show off some program you made, 3D printer you have made,
research you have be working on, or just the seed of an idea you want to
plant.

I've been thinking of a way to get people to show off what they are working
on, while also making it interactive and fun for the rest of the shop to
learn what others are working on.  I think a Show and Tell is perfect for
this.  Here is my idea.

* Signup at 6pm
* Show and Tell starts at 7pm
** Get up in front of everyone do your show and tell
** Answer question / discussion
* Stops 8-9ish
* Every Wednesday

I would like to give this a try for a few weeks then invite the general
public.

Let me know what you all think.  I"ll be here Wed to give this a shot.

Thanks
Nathan

*tl;dr* - Come to the shop weds 7pm for a show and tell.  If you have
something to show off, signup at 6pm.