[General] help needed with figuring out dvd drive pinouts

Hunter Fuller hfuller at pixilic.com
Wed Sep 7 15:58:36 CDT 2011

Look up laptop IDE Pinouts for old IDE laptop drives - these were 50
pins connectors that supported sending power over the same connector.
It may be just IDE and power.

As far as replacing it, this may not work, as your device needs to
emulate an IDE optical drive. Flash drives and memory cards emulate
hard drives, or removable disk drives.

-- Hunter Fuller