[General] Any linux gurus?

Stephan Henning shenning at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:26:06 CST 2013

-WD

Ya, I'm going to recommend we look into this and see if other options give
us some improvement

-David

The current benchmark run takes about 10 days to fully solve, which is
about on par with our longest/largest 'production' problem.

The machines are on a UPS, but it is more for power conditioning than
uptime. With three of these machines in the rack running all out, the
largest rackmount units are only good for a few minutes. However, the
program does 'checkpoint' itself at certain intervals, so we will loose
some data with a power loss, but usually no more than a few hours worth on
these really long solves.