[ML-General] 3D Cad New Hotness?

Leon Kennedy fredlkennedy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:57:29 CST 2015

I use Blender and Maya.

Blender has a ton of tools including sculpting, animation and simulation
for fluids and solids. It also works with popular game engines I'd you're
interested in that. Cycles renderer(the most advanced renderer packaged in
the software) gets extremely realistic renders for skin, architectural
visualization and other materials.

Maya is free with a student ID but can't be used for commercial endeavours.
It is a production ready package used by Hollywood. Pixar and the studio
that does Harry Potter used it and improved the software.