[ML-General] LabVIEW Makers

Jason Conklin jason.conklin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 03:27:15 CDT 2015

Right; that's brand-new, though it's been bubbling under the surface
for a few years.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Home-Edition/td-p/3117489

I'm sure they'll be touting labviewmakerhub.com, too.

Aside from the "noncommercial, nonacademic use" clause, the main thing
that could be considered a restriction is that it does not come with
the "Application Builder" (which provides the ability to generate a
standalone executable), which means you need to be running the LabVIEW
environment to run your program. But doing so is pretty much normal in
the LabVIEW ecosystem anyway -- the app builder even comes to
commercial users at a premium. That's not taking into account the
Arduino interface they'll be talking about tomorrow.