[ML-General] hardware RAID

david ainut at knology.net
Thu Jun 11 16:06:27 CDT 2015

I haven't kept up.  What do you guys recommend for SATA internal raid
controllers?
I have a stack of 3 in striped (raid 0?) and a stack of 2 in raid 5.
Both sets were configured to use software raid under Linux but the raid
5 did not turn out to really be mirrored drives.  Bah.
I'm hoping that the 3 striped disks can be converted to the hardware
controller without problems (6 terabyte.)
The set of 2 that *should* be identical, can be made identical with dd,
if I must before attaching them to the hardware controller.

So, advice?

Thanks,
David Merchant