[ML-General] Huntsville Made National News Again

WebDawg webdawg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:55:29 CDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Phillip Showers
<phillip.showers at gmail.com> wrote:
> <shrugs>
> I see nothing wrong with a school keeping track of students' social
> networking behavior. Its a social network. There is literally no privacy. If
> a kid wants privacy they can mail a letter, or try to figure out Diaspora.

Isn't that the thing?  Facebook is the AOL of its time.  OMG it is
Blue.  The only saving grace they have is that they are perusing VR.

It is still crap that students/kids get treated as if they have no rights.

It is kind of funny that we expect kids to grow up to be adults but
never ever treat them as equals.  We create psychological conditions
starting from birth.  How is anyone supposed to grow up enjoying
freedom or even be free thinking when they are constantly threatened
by it from such a young age?

Don't post that bad thing about school on facebook or you will get in trouble.

Don't insult your employer on facebook or you will get fired.

Don't insult your government on facebook or you will regret it.

Don't insult anyone or you will be noticed.

Don't be noticed.

Do what we say.

I used to think that fascism was this old thing that died with the
Nazis or what not.  I thought it was stupid to even bring the word up.
When you have 'leaders' forcing people who do not understand (naive
children) they do not have to listen to such 'leaders' is seems like I
am wrong.  You even have parents enforcing the leaders will.  Sure I
may be exaggerating but how many times did someone visit you for your
forum posts when you were in school?

Its bull*hit and should not be taken lightly because it is getting
like this everywhere.