[ML-General] Huntsville Made National News Again

Laurie Kellogg kello036 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:26:44 CDT 2016

The problem with what the superintendent is doing is not finding bullying
behavior.  It is punishing children for posting online videos of fights or
other harassment.  It also crosses a line for protected speech.  The
Supreme Court has already stated that social media carries the same
protections as other forms of expression.  As the superintendent is part of
a government institution, plan for numerous lawsuits if the schools punish
any student for social media posts unless those posts are harassing,
obscene, and directly related to school issues.

Laurie

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Phillip Showers <phillip.showers at gmail.com

--
Laurie E. Kellogg, Ph.D., J.D.