[ML-General] Free Hands-on Wireless Microcontroller Class Wednesday at ML256!

Tyler Crumpton tyler.crumpton at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:45:02 CDT 2016

Hey Makers!

Next Wednesday's free "Eat-n-Educate" will be a hands-on class walking you
through writing Python scripts that can run on Synapse Wireless
microcontroller SNAP modules. These modules are 802.15.4-based
fully-meshing nodes that can communicate with each other or with a gateway
device that is connected to the Internet.

We'll be going over writing your first couple of scripts that will get you
sending messages to other nodes, controlling lights wirelessly, and some
other fun demos. I'll order a few pizzas, so if you plan on attending,
please let me know so I can know how many to buy.

If you'd like to throw money at the pizza fund you can send squarecash or
paypal to tyler.crumpton at gmail.com

If you plan on attending, please bring a laptop with the Synapse Wireless
Portal software pre-installed:

https://forums.synapse-wireless.com/upload/Portal-setup-2.7.2.exe

Linux and OS X users, you'll need to install that under Wine (or
underwater, if you're Dusty).

If you don't have a laptop, or just want to watch, that's fine too.

Let me know if you run into any problems installing Portal, and I hope to
see a bunch of you there! It's really fun stuff, and I'm excited to share
it all.

The class will begin at 6:30PM on Wednesday, May 18th at Makers Local 256
(414 Stevens Ave), and will run for approximately two hours. If people are
still interested afterwards and have questions or want to play with the
modules, I'll be there pretty late.

Cheers!
Tyler

Tyler Crumpton