[ML-Hams] Latest Donation

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.us
Sat Oct 1 23:50:16 CDT 2016

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> I don't know anything about Regencie radios but It looks like they are
> crystal (rock for slang) bound. That means that that only operate on
> fixed frequencies. There are a lot of fun projects that you could use
> them for though.

If the radios are true FM, there isn't much you can do for them. If they
are PM, you can feed a synthesized signal into the modulator and it will
give you PM out. See Technical stuff:
http://utaharc.org/rptr/synchronous_62.html

Of course, the RX side can always be synthesized.

https://www.etherkit.com/rf-modules/si5351a-breakout-board.html

Bomar is out of the custom crystal business. JAN Crystals appears to
still be in business, International Crystal Manufacturing (ICM) is
around as well.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Architect, Systems Mangler, & Network Mismanager