[ML-Classifieds] 3D Printer Help

Rick Nelson geezer.nelson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 12:48:49 CST 2017

​I have two XYZ Printing Da Vinci 1.0 3D printers, both of which were
working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10.  It seems to be a common
problem caused by the addition of 3D Builder, which changes the way the
computer reads the 3D printer.
I tried uninstalling the software and drivers, as recommended in
Soliforum.com, and installed updated software.  This allowed my computer to
read the printer, but when I send a print I get a message saying that I
don't have enough filament to complete the print.  I installed a brand new
XYZ filament cartridge and still got the same message.
I can provide more information.  I'm posting on the Classified section
because I would like to find someone to troubleshoot my problem and get my
3d printers working again.  I am not a complete Luddite, but I can see
their farm from where I stand.  I don't think I know enough to do the job
myself.
I don't care if I end up using Microsoft 3D Builder, XYZware factory
software, Repetier (seems to be most popular), or other firmware as long as
I can send a file and print it.  These are old, cheap 3D printers and an
old, slow laptop, so I can't spend a lot of money on them.  I can, however,
provide some cash and lots of free 3D printer time.  If you have been
thinking of printing new game pieces or parts for a RepRap printer, this
may be a good deal for you.

Rick Nelson
geezer.nelson at gmail.com