[General] proposal for space utilization at the shop

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:12:27 CDT 2009

I''ll try to draw my idea out on the table tonight, I'm envisioning a
bookcase at the edge of the loft that swings back to allow entry.

The bookcase would be elevated up off the ground enough to have a floor
rails that a metal ladder could slide out and down from, extending the
ladder down to the first floor.

There's frequently used tools that really belong at a bench\table more than
they do on a shelf, such as oscilloscopes, soldering stations, and an
embedded development station.  By having a dedicated working area the
electronics people can easily share resources simultaneously.  Another added
benefit would be not spending 1/2 of the working time setting up and
breaking down equipment, and more focusing on development.