[General] Nov 6th Pig Roast & Tech Expo update

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:23:44 CDT 2010

Hi everyone!  Attached is the flier for the upcoming Pig Roast & Tech Expo!
(Nov 6th @ 12:00)

These are put up around town, and a PSA submitted with WLRH.  Hopefully WLRH
will accept the submission and give the advertisement some air time :)

The facebook event link is here as well:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164958110199741&index=1

We've got some great tech demonstrations lined up for the event, and could
use even more.  If you've got something you'd like to show off, please
coordinate with Brian Walker (MrWorld at gmail.com) so he can help meet your
space requirements.

We're still looking for someone to cook up a second main dish.  If there's a
volunteer interested in this, please let me know!

Here's where we stand right now on our needs and desires:

   - Pig
      - Omegix
      - Preaux
      - MrWorld
      - Your Name here!
   - Wood Chips - BrokenTrace is cutting and bringing hickory wood
   - Charcoal (6 bags) (size of bags?) - Opticron
   - Spit
      - Preaux is modifying existing spit for a 50 lb 1/2 pig with no head
      or feet
   - Other Food Items
      - Breakfast for early morning volunteers - Alii
      - Bananas Foster - Alii
      - Side Dish - Alii
      - Fruits, Veggies & Pie - Spacefelix
   - Chairs
      - Omegix can bring 5 chairs
      - Need more chairs
      - Drinks
      - Hot Apple Cider - Spacefelix
      - Tea or Kool Aid (something cheap in large quantities) - *Volunteer
      Needed*
      - plates, cups, knives, spoons, forks, bowls - Jeff
   - Second main dish  - *Volunteer Needed*
   - Silent Auction runner - *Volunteer Needed*

More planning details available here:
https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/Pig_Roast_2010

If you have any other cool ideas that you think would go well with this
event, please do suggest!

~Jeff