[ML-General] Experience with DraftSight Free edition?

Tony Williams tony at intersouth.net
Fri May 15 11:43:45 CDT 2015

Yes, I have used draft sight and it is a good free Autocad Lite replacement.
Almost all the commands are the same as Autocad.
You have to renew the lic every few months for the free version.
If you are interested in a 3D cad that will output CAM files for 3d
printing or CNC and is free, I would recommend Fusion 360.
It has a ACAD 360 component that allows limited 2D drawings.
The CAM part of Fusion 360 is quite good and I use it routinely to
produce parts on my home CNC mill.
Also Fusion 360 is free for home or hobby use.

Tony