[ML-General] linux dual boot win 8.1?

david ainut at knology.net
Thu Oct 8 17:54:45 CDT 2015

UEFI is a virtual BIOS, software loaded versus "hardcoded" in firmware,
so it's  much easier to change and update.  It also, in current
configuration, allows more flexibility in disks, etc.  There are
downsides to it, though, as legacy (already?) BIOS-using OS's don't mate
well with UEFI on occasion, as you are witnessing.  Sorry I can't tell
you how to safely recover your system to a seamless boot.  Haven't
studied UEFI enough yet.