[ML-General] Need help with programming in Unity

Phillip Showers phillip.showers at gmail.com
Thu May 26 10:00:05 CDT 2016

Ehhh, you aren't wrong David, but it depends on where he's getting caught
up as to whether your advice is helpful. Unity treats scripts like child
objects that you can hang on individual game objects, but you can also
assign other game objects to a script externally by adding 'global'
variables to the script. The Input object that you were theorizing does
exist, and is called "Input". But that's basic info that every tutorial
will reference, so without knowing more about what he's trying to do, any
general advice I could give would possibly be helpful, but not the answer
that Stewart was looking for.

here's a really good camera movement script that I like to use to explore
scenes, you add it as a script and attach it to the camera:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/39513-Click-drag-camera-movement