[ML-Hams] new mast

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.us
Mon Aug 22 12:35:10 CDT 2016

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016, Hunter Fuller wrote:
> Jeff,I don't know anything about these things. How hard is it going to
> be for me to get my radio down from the mast, or change it for another
> one? I'm guessing the answer is "really hard."

Deadlift everything attached above that point, pull the pin, and
carefully drop the pipe without getting skin between the two pieces of
fiberglass -- all while standing on a ladder.

Buy some nice gloves, and plan to ruin them, i.e.: $25 and down, unless
you're going to be doing this regularly and/or for a living (or you're
just totally allergic to life-altering injuries).

http://www.gmesupply.com/

Elk River is located in Cullman. If you buy through GME Supply, you
avoid paying tax, but the package ships from Cullman.

I now hate ladders, because there isn't anywhere to clip off to. Give me
a harness and a tower any day over that.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Architect, Systems Mangler, & Network Mismanager