[ML-Hams] new mast

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:27:04 CDT 2016

The side of the makeshop is about 40 feet, and we'll have two fixed points
along the side of the building where we're bolting unistrut.  Two rods will
come away from the unistrut and terminate in a clamp around the mast.

Those two fixed points will hold the majority of the mast in place, with
only about 10 feet of the mast going above the building.  I've never done
this, but I don't think we'll have to guy the 10 feet above the roof line.

If we ever decide to mount the mast higher up off the ground to gain
altitude, we may have to guy that.

I've gone ahead and ordered the guy ring just in case.